We’re thankful for the attendees and sponsors who came to our first event, Altimeter’s, The Rise of Social Commerce. I’ll use this post to link to all the blog posts, slides, and discussions from the event, so expect I’ll keep this post updated. (Blast from the past, see my former research predicting when social commerce would emerge –I was a year off, this space is fast)
I’ll link to all the materials at the Social Commerce, so even if you didn’t attend, you can find out what was shared.
- Download the slides here
- Watch the live stream (at no-cost), we’ll have archived videos (The stream unexpectedly cut off the first day, a few hours before end)
- Need a bite sized portion? Altimeter’s Christine Tran gives succinct wraps of each speaker.
- Recap of Day 2 is now available, find out the bite sized findings from each of the speakers
- Ted Rubin discusses the discussions and takeaways from the panelists and speakers
- Paul Chaney captures the highlights from the various stages of the upcoming report.
- Videos from ExpoTV of real consumers talking about ‘Social Commerce’ can be found here
- Todd Chadler found 9 interesting and helpful Resources from the conference.
- Matt Cheuvront uncovers his findings in Think Big. Start Small, Grow Fast.
- Connie Bensen asks if companies are ‘ready’ for social commerce and highlights her experience.
- Gigya showcases what they learned at RSC as well as a similar event.
- FAST Forward blog shows the four stages of Social Commerce
- Altimeter worked with DoubleDutch, who created a branded location based iPhone app for our event, see case study
- Altimeter’s Marcia Conner, posted her thoughts on Rewiring for Social Commerce on her Fast Company column.
No commerce conference is complete without a shopping cart, donated by Best Buy with permission
Folks are floating around in the Innovation Showcase, where fresh technology was being demo’d
Panel: Cathy Halligan, SVP, Sales & Marketing, PowerReviews, Josh Himwich, VP, eCommerce Solutions, Quidsi: Diapers.com and Soap.com, Stuart Sproule, Managing Director at AKQA, Gerardo Dada, Product Marketing, Bazaarvoice