The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Josh Elman joins Greylock partners, stemming from an impressive background as a silicon valley product lead at Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Zazzle and more. I had the pleasure to learn more about Josh’s role, here’s to his growth, and his new role.
- Rob Tarkoff joins as the CEO at Lithium, and founder Lyle Fong moves to Chief Strategy Role. Congrats Rob, I look forward to meeting you soon.
- Matthew Epstein (Moustache included) has cleverly used social media to campaign himself to get an interview at Google, where he was seeking a position. While it wasn’t the right fit, his experience and mastery of using these tools showed prowess and he accepted an offer at Sigfig, where he can put his talents to work.
- Mike Pascucci is moving on from being a Social Media Strategist at Ektron to Sr. Community Manager for Zynga, in their Boston studio. He will be managing all of the Social aspects of the games which come out of their Boston studio
- Ryan Nichols, leaves Appirio and is now the VP Apps for Podio, a work platform that allows businesspeople to build lightweight social apps to get everyday tasks done. They target SMBs and have over 50K signed up since our launch in March. R&D is in Copenhagen, he will be building up a go-to-market team in San Francisco.
- Dave Peck joins Bullfrog Media as Partner Strategic Alliances, Business Development, Social Strategy Consulting
- William Ward joins S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University as Social Media Professor Teaching Social Media to Students and Pros
- Brad Grier joins Empire Avenue as Director of Social and Community Management Community development, relationship building, social media support.
- Keith Jason Bates joins www.loveyourshoes.co.uk as Senior Link builder and Social/SEO analyst Link builder and Social media
- Eric Doyle joins www.wavesquad.com as Principal, Founder company vision, accounts strategy, client relations, business development
- Mike Spataro joins NM Incite as VP, Client Services Manage the media & entertainment market
- Rob Murray joins 7Summits as Senior Vice President Murray will drive 7Summits’ social business solutions while expanding the agency’s national business through management of key strategic alliances.
- Tom Huxtable joins Engage Sciences as Chief Revenue Officer Marketing, new business and company management
- James Lubbock joins FreshNetworks as Account director Defining and implementing strategy across our key accounts, and expanding our client base.
- Matt Arkin joins 33Across as President, Arkin will oversee all revenue and operations, as well as help guide the strategic growth of the business.
- Allie Savarino Kline joins 33Across as VP of Marketing Oversee all marketing initiatives.
- Behrooz Rezvani joins 7Summits as Board of Directors as a new Board of Directors Member will help influence direction of 7Summits
- Chris Trygstad joins Amplifon, Miracle-Ear Division as Senior Online Marketing Specialist Developing and implementing Miracle-Ear’s online marketing strategy.
- Gautam Ghosh joins BraveNewTalent India as Platform Evangelist and Lead-India Marketing Drive user and customer growth in India
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.