At the start of each year, we often see a flood of new hires, as many are hired over Q4 for the new year. Find out who’s investing in social business by tracking who got hired, the savvy will examine role, industry, title to find interpret growth in our space.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in. In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Congrats to
@SteveRubel has been promoted and named Edelman’s chief content strategist.
- Mike Lewis joins Peoplefluent as CMO Drive the companies brand, demand generation and overall marketing strategy.
- PulsePoint Group a management and digital consulting firm has onboarded Matt Ceniceros, a leader in technology marketing and communications.
- PulsePoint Group a management and digital consulting firm has hired Deborah Godfrey, Ph.D., a nationally recognized research and branding expert
- PulsePoint Group a management and digital consulting firm has onboards Ahmed Khamash, a social media business strategist
- PulsePoint Group a management and digital consulting firm has hired Patricia B. Smith, an award-winning medical journalist
- Dachis Group rehires Peter Kim, a Chief Solutions Architect.
- Julian Hannabuss joins HootSuite as Director, Revenue Operations and will be responsible for implementing processes to improve and measure HootSuite’s go-to-market effectiveness.
- Tina Daniels joins Syncapse as Chief Revenue Officer Ms. Daniels and will oversee sales, account management and dedicated service functions.
- Katie Soo joins Dollar Shave Club as Sr. Marketing Manager (Head of Social Media) and will be eading up social media strategy for Dollar Shave Club, and leading member marketing & relationship management efforts.
- Jane Kim joins Thismoment as Strategic Project Manager where she will plan, execute, and finalize project deliverables for DEC deployments.
- Jim Swanson joins Thismoment as Inside Sales Target focused on enterprise accounts, help with lead generation, and build the sales team pipeline related to the Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC).
- Mike Bloomberg joins Thismoment as Sales Engineer conducting DEC product demonstrations, client needs assessments, development of technical specifications, and client onboarding.
- Dean Casalena joins Thismoment as Senior Custom Solutions Developer and will prototype and develop innovative DEC full stack engineering solutions to unique customer requests. Support front-end engineers.
- Shirley Foster joins Thismoment as SVP, Engineering and will work with the DEC Platform team to adopt Agile to speed product delivery,
- Shantel Shave joins HootSuite as Director, Demand Generation and is developing a centralized demand generation team and dependent systems for repeatable marketing activities such as data services and analyses, media and event planning, and lead generation and nurture, keeping the business well fed and happy through innovative, optimized top- and mid-funnel tactics and campaigns.
- Ilja Rotelli joins Riot Games as Director of Community Team as the lead for Riot’s Community team
- Kelly Tirman joins Wells Fargo as Social Media Marketing Consultant on the Enterprise Social Media team Social Media Marketing Consultant to the WBR Line of Businesses
- Dave Scalera joins Acquia as Regional Director Managing focused on new and existing business in the Northeast.
- Tom Wentworth joins Acquia as CMO focused on Marketing Strategy
- Jeffrey Saenger is promoted at Lithium Technologies as VP, Social Strategy Consulting. Jeffrey will be leading Lithium’s new social strategy consulting practice, focused on helping customers bridge business strategy with social media project execution.
- Michael Lowe is promoted at Golf Channel, NBC Sports as VP Product Development & User Experience and will lead web and mobile product vision for all digital e-commerce and media platforms.
- Olivier Silvestre joins Anametrix as VP of Client Success Olivier Silvestre will lead the company’s efforts in ensuring clients drive full business value with their marketing campaigns.
- Brian Crouch joins SDL as Director of Social Media To implement SDL’s Social Hub strategy to improve the company’s awareness and engagement in social media.
- Jeff Hora joins SDL as Senior Community Manager Drive community strategy, manage community communications, build community relations, create, manage and deploy community-facing content and report on community analytics.
- Warren Sukernek is promoted at SDL as VP Social Business As Vice President, Social Business, Sukernek is responsible for building awareness and consideration of the SDL brand and its products by increasing the utilization of social media internally.
- Tim McCord joins GMR Marketing as VP of Digital Strategy McCord, who will begin at GMR on 2/18/13, will be working closely with GMR’s booming digital department to expand the impact of the agency’s digital, social and mobile capabilities with brands across the globe.
- Shashi Bellamkonda joins The Bozzuto Group as Vice President – Digital Marketing Manage and innovate digital marketing strategies for the six divisions with The Bozzuto Group and clients.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Social Media.org has a blog that lists out career resources
- Social Media Jobs Facebook Group
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires!
4 Replies to “People on the Move in the Social Business Industry, March 5, 2013”
I’m a big fan of your blog. I think you bring a much needed perspective on the value of social in enterprise.
I just wanted to clarify that the People on the Move post dated March 5th, 2012 was actually 2013?
Comments are closed.