At the start of each year, we often see a flood of new hires, as many are hired over Q4 for the new year. Find out who’s investing in social business by tracking who got hired, the savvy will examine role, industry, title to find interpret growth in our space.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in. In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Christopher Carfi joins Swipp, Inc. as VP, Platform Products Chris will be leading Swipp’s platform efforts for enterprises and developers.
- Talented and former colleague Zach N. Hofer-Shall joins Twitter, running Certified Products program, his inbox overfloweth.
- Shel Holtz is now working with Academy of Art University, SF, teaching a 15-week graduate course on social media in mid February
- Leona Hobbs joins Sequentia Environics as Head of Agency Services strategic direction, service innovation and talent development
- Michael Rubin joins Allstate as Senior Marketing Manager, as Social Media Lead social media efforts to drive engagement, strengthen relationships and increase brand awareness.
- Kim Snedaker joins Barclaycard US as Assistant Vice President, Social Media Developing, launching and managing social media strategy and initiatives for US operations.
- Tom Diederich joins Percona as Community Manager managing community/social media at Percona, the largest independent MySQL services company. Percona provides MySQL support, consulting, development, and training services to customers worldwide including Groupon, Facebook, eBay, Craigslist, LivingSocial, and Box.
- Nick Cicero joins Livefyre as Lead Social Strategist Building leading social engagement strategies for publishers and brands internationally.
- Pelin Thorogood joins Anametrix as CEO Thorogood will direct the company’s strategy, expand the team to meet rapidly growing customer needs and introduce groundbreaking platform innovations.
- Travis Williams joins Thismoment as Designer responsible for supporting all design projects at the company, working closely with the sales and marketing teams to produce creative assets and marketing materials as well as design as needed by Thismoment customers.
- Lisa Thoman joins Thismoment as Account Executive Selling the Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC) directly to clients and agencies located in their designated sales region.
- Justin Morrison joins Thismoment as Director of Sales Sell the Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC) software solution to senior-level executives within the Fortune 1000 as well as Top 100 advertising agencies.
- Emmett Keyser joins Thismoment as Systems Engineer Oversee the DEC information systems.
- Teri Foley joins Thismoment as Senior Trainer Teach customers how to utlize DEC.
- Christien Louviere joins Anametrix as Sales Director Southeast Christien leads the new Anametrix Southeast office from Atlanta.
- Paul Taft joins Anametrix as Sales director Northern California Paul will lead the new Anametrix Northern California office from San Francisco.
- Jill Nissen joins Gigya as Acting Chief Privacy Officer and will provide expert guidance to company executives and clients on consumer privacy regulations, laws, and best practices in the US and EU.
- Richard Korzeniewski joins HootSuite as Regional Sales Director On the strategic accounts team and is responsible for the following five vertical markets: Media & Entertainment, Telecom, Transportation, Chemicals and certain Boston-area accounts.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires!