Social Media jobs continue to heat up, see this video piece on CNN.
The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Rocket Fuel Expands Executive Team; Names Liza Hausman Vice President of Marketing. Congrats to the team, I’ve worked with Liza for a number of years now, and she’s always delivered top quality marketing leadership.
- Giovanni Rodriguez joins Deloitte Consulting, focused as an Intrapreneur, quite a powerhouse going on over there.
- Callan Green has been hired as a social media Sr Specialist for Sony Electronics social media team. She comes to us from Bailey Gardiner, a communications firm in San Diego where she was a social media account executive. I’ve met and worked with this world class team in the past, a great group, congrats.
- Tish Whitcraft joins Tagged as Chief Customer Officer Resonsible for all user touch points for Tagged’s customer experience
- Heather Watkins joins Marketo as Sr. Manager of Customer Communities & Programs Heather will be in charge of Marketo’s online community, user groups, user summit & customer reference programming.
- Marshall Thompson joins Affinitive as Community Manager Day to day operations of social media programs for brands including content strategy, creation, and reporting.
- Corinne Kovalsky joins Raytheon Company as Director, Digital & Social Media Direct digital & social media for the enterprise
- Greg Johnson joins MoneyGram International as Manager, Interactive Marketing and Social Media Developing and implementing Brand strategies for interactive marketing channels including web, mobile, and social media across international markets.
- Donny Leal joins Affinitive as Account Manager Develops strategic social media and digital marketing programs for clients
- Tac Anderson is promoted at Waggener Edstrom, Studio D as Head of Digital Strategies | VP of Studio D EMEA Head of Studio D EMEA
- Mark Millar joins Syncapse as Chief Financial Officer where he will oversee all financial activities in this rapidly growing social media management company
- Sarah Long joins Syncapse as Vice President, Marketing Sarah will lead Syncapse’s marketing team globally with a focus on the United States and Europe
- Larry Philps joins Syncapse as Vice President, Product Development Larry will lead a team of software engineers building social media management solutions for enterprise clients
- Christien Louviere joins Vitrue as Director, Business Development Grow and manage our strategic client partnerships with their Fortune 1000 client base in the South
- Mayka Mei joins Red Magnet Media as Senior Strategist Shaping and executing social strategies for creative entertainment and lifestyle brands.
- Sharif Renno joins U.S. Cellular as Social Media Manager Responsible for the strategy, support, and implementation of social business plans across the organization.
- Adam Kmiec joins Walgreens as Director, Social Media Enterprise social leadership across internal, external, customer and supplier initiatives.
- John Kelly joins Baynote as Chief Operating Officer and Head of Global Sales At Baynote, Kelly will immediately focus on the rapid expansion of the company’s global sales organization while ensuring organizational alignment across all departments.
- Mark Tsimelzon joins Baynote as Chief Development Officer Tsimelzon will be responsible for new product development, scaling the Baynote platform and growing the company’s engineering team.
- Peter Parkes joins Expedia as Worldwide as Head of Social Media, EMEA Responsible for social media strategy across EMEA
- Carlo Ople joins TV5 (Philippines) as Social Media Marketing Head Heads mobile marketing, social media, and digital marketing for TV5
- Chris Brashear joins Bridgestone as Manager, Interactive and Social Media Marketing Oversee social media and digital advertising for Consumer Tire Division of Bridgestone Americas
- Henry Min joins Passenger as SVP Product Management As SVP Product Management, Henry will be the unifying voice of Passenger’s product strategy and execution, combining feedback from sales, marketing, customers and prospects to set the strategic vision and lead the execution on new features and products. Henry will lead a team that will gather and prioritize product and customer requirements to define the product vision, and he will work closely with Engineering to continue to deliver and innovate new products.
- Miguel De Anda joins Passenger as VP Engineering Miguel will manage the engineering team and work closely with the product team to address issues and new requirements to the software platform.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.
9 Replies to “People on the Move in the Social Business Industry: June 20, 2011”
Great big picture!
Thanks for continuing to share Jeremiah. Surprising not all of these people send you LINKS to share of their announcements 🙂
Big thanks to the people in the social business industry. Â They are really an inspiration for social media enthusiasts. Â Great article.
They should….missing out on free traffic and SEO
Regular earning from stock market is now possible. Get 2 days trial to know how
Comments are closed.