The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business IndustryPlease congratulate these folks, in our last On The Move of the year.
- Pete Blackshaw, long time industry expert joins Nestle as new global head of digital marketing and social media. Pete spoke at our recent Rise of Social Commerce conference, congrats Pete this is one of the highest profile job promotions in the space.
- Ross Mayfield joins SlideShare as VP of Business Development, and will remain Chairman of Socialtext. I’ve known Ross for a few years, and have always been impressed with his commitment to community.
- Chris Heuer joins Deloitte Consulting, helping to spear head the social media practice as Specialist Leader (aka Senior Manager) with a focus on Social Media, Enterprise 2.0, and Innovation. I’ve known Chris for many years, and he’s always been a community advocate, such as his founding and growing Social Media Club.
- Quora just hires Facebook product expert Sandra Liu Huang to lead product development
- Melissa Turlej joins Edelman as Senior Account Manager Senior Account Manager within Edelman Toronto’s digital practice.
- Joy Taylor joins FreshNetworks as Group Account Director Manging, developing and growing existing accounts.
- Jean-Baptiste Brunet joins Synthesio as Senior Research Analyst He will be in charge of our international key account social media monitoring research projects and reports
- Kevin Williams joins Telligent as Director of Marketing creative direction, interactive marketing, social strategy and events
- Matthew Marx joins Bazaarvoice, Inc. as Director of Product Management Responsible for building and enhancing the Bazaarvoice social merchandising product family
- Shannon Johlic joins Today’s Bit as Director of Marketing, Strategy/User acquisition Responsible for the development of the company’s entire Marketing Strategy with a focus on user engagement through social media and user acquisition via paid and organic mediums.
- Dawn Skowronnek joins Moss Media Labs as Director of Client Engagement Conducting educational workshops, developing client strategy and implementation, and coordinating special events.
- Ryan Tuttle joins BrightWave Marketing as Vice President of Strategic Services Ryan will help lead BrightWave’s growth plans, working closely with clients to enhance their programs while also developing additional services and offerings.
- Jennifer Cooley joins Buddy Media as General Manger, Media Solutions Jennifer brings expansive sales and media industry experience to Buddy Media where she oversees Media Solutions.
- David Dowd joins Buddy Media as General Manager, Lifestyle Sales David brings vast experience in content and business development and will oversee sales across its lifestyle business with verticals such as retail, fashion, healthcare, real estate and beauty services.
- Jed Weitzman joins Buddy Media as Director, Entertainment Sales, Jed brings 17 years of experience in the entertainment industry to Buddy Media where he will lead sales efforts for movie studios, music labels, production companies, and artist representation and management.
- Tami Dalley joins Buddy Media as Director, Analytics Tami Dalley will oversee analytics at Buddy Media.
- Patrick Stokes is promoted at Buddy Media as Chief Product Officer He will lead and oversee all development of the Buddy Media Platform.
- Michael Jaindl is promoted at Buddy Media as Chief Client Officer He will lead the Buddy Media client services teams.
- Greg Roth is promoted at Buddy Media as VP, Buddy Media University He will lead Buddy Media’s hands-on training center, which provides clients with training on all aspects of the Buddy Media Platform, including a free certification program.
- Russell Pearson joins Headshift | Dachis Group as Senior Consultant Consulting on all things social business and collaboratory
- Shauna Causey joins Nordstrom as Head of Social Social strategy and execution internally and externally and oversee the social team
- Chad Kaszer joins Sony Corporation of America as Director of Social Media Communications Responsible for social communication alignment across all Sony divisions in the US, as well as leading all social aspects of Sony’s United brand communication efforts.
- You Mon Tsang joins Vocus as Senior Vice President, Product Direction and strategy for all of Vocus’ products
- Colin Alsheimer joins Weber Shandwick as Account Supervisor Creating and executing social media strategies for national clients.
- Kate Carruthers joins Sydney IVF as Digital and Community Manager Developing the web strategy and executing the new social media strategy for Sydney IVF.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.