Although I posted the last version just 12 days ago, I saw quite a few submissions come in, and some major job changes. Mid year hiring? Summer fever? I don’t know, but it prompted me to post. I’ve been tracking moves in this industry on this blog for a few years now, it’s interesting to see the formal titles of ‘social’ appear in corporations.
The job changes continue, as the market continues to plow forward. Expect more senior level social strategist positions to get filled as social media becomes a mainstay in the integrated communications across multiple departments at companies. I’ve been tracking new hires in this space since 2007, see the archives.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry
- Shiv Singh the social media lead at Razorfish has accepted a position at PepsiCo as the Director of Digital (that’s more than social). I have tremendous respect for Shiv, who is an accomplished author, speaker, and lead Social Influence Marketing at Razorfish, (both during Microsoft then Publicis) and will be large loss to the firm, in the thought leadership front. I look forward to seeing how he deploys on the brand side.
- Todd Defren, CEO of Shift has relocated to the SF Bay area from Boston. As soon as he gets settled from unpacking, he’ll start to blog again.
- Salesforce’s Marcus Nelson who has been involved with social media is now the Director of Social Media at Salesforce in his latest promotion. Salesforce has made significant investments in product for social and it’s key to have the right roles in place with this level of outbound and internal emphasis.
- The ever bright Shannon Paul (read her blog) has recently accepted a new position as social media manager with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM), she will be returning home to Detroit for the position.
- Kate Dickman joins Lindt & Sprungli (aka Lindt Chocolate) as the Digital Media Manager where she will be developing and implementing the social media/digital efforts for the Lindt Chocolate (USA) brand.
- Gavin Heaton joins SAP as the Director, Social Media SAP Premier Customer Network, he’ll be focused on social media activation with SAP America’s premier customers.
- Pauline Pelegrin joins We Are Social, in France as an Account Director, she’ll be helping establish We Are Social France
- Fanny Loubaton also joins We Are Social France as an Account Manager with a focus on monitoring online conversations on behalf of clients
- Andrew Flynn joins Sears Holdings as the Social Engagement Specialist where he’ll be focusing on cultivating Customer Relationships On & Off-Site.
- Donna Garber joins my former company Hitachi Data Systems as a Social Networking/Collaborative Learning Specialist where she’ll be Responsible for developing the Academy and HDS strategy to exploit social media and other technologies for learning.
- Annie Noll joins Ottawa University as a social media specialist, she’ll develop the social media strategy for Ottawa University, a liberal arts college with a tradional campus, online degrees and six adult campuses.
- Stephanie Yang, who I’ve worked with while she’s at MySpace joins AKQA as PR & Marketing Director. Yang will manage internal and external communications for AKQA as well as provide media relations expertise to AKQA clients. Great hire, congrats Tom and team.
- Jonathan Blank joins Capgemini as a New Media Strategist where he’ll develop social media strategies specifically to strengthen the personal networks of subject matter experts.
- Cyril Atias starts Influence Digitale as the CEO to create a social media agency in France
- Ryan Turner joins Razorfish as the Director of Social Media, West Region. He’ll be leading social media for the Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, and Los Angeles offices.
- Michael Rubin joins Fifth Third Bank as the Social Media Strategist, his role will be to work with each of the bank’s lines of business to develop sound social media strategies, identify trends, and create and implement social marketing plans.
- Will Yen joins Michael S. Kenny & Company as VP, Interactive Marketing Responsible for developing innovative marketing solutions to clients and to the firm.
- Jennifer Chesney joins University of Alberta as Executive Director, Web Strategy. Where she will lead the visioning, planning, directing, and implementing of online strategy across web, social media, and mobile channels.
Submit a new hire
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.
4 Replies to “People on the Move in the Social Business Industry: June 18, 2010”
Seems some good moves in Social Media, Few names are known and famous in the Search Market as well
Comments are closed.