In an effort to recognize the changes in the social media space, I’ve started this post series (see archives) to both track and congratulate folks who get promoted, move, or accept new exciting positions. Please help me congratulate the following folks:
Also, my submission form has changed to a new URL, the former Google form was giving me problems, so please use this one going forward. Lots of movement in the social business category, including a few key hires at firms that get the social business landscape and quite a few submissions continuing to come in on the form.
- Giovanni Rodriguez Joins BroadVision as Chief Marketing Officer. I’ve known Giovanni for years, and consider him kind hearted, a strategic communications professional, and an excellent choice for this role. I’m wishing him success.
- Katlen Tillman joins ZAAZ as Associate Director of Social Media to support the Director of Social Media to build Zaaz’s social media practice.
- Chip Hunnicutt joins Crosman Corporation as Web and Social Marketing Manager Responsible for all social/online marketing for all divisions of the company.
- Jacob Maslow joins AllergyBeGone.com as Marketing Director Marketing, focused on Blogging/Social Media.
- Scott Meis joins Waggener Edstrom as Sr Digital Strategist in order to work with clients creating digital and social communications strategies.
- Mark Somol joins Mzinga as CFO, Somol will oversee all aspects of the company’s finance, corporate development, and strategic initiatives.
- Will Reichard Frost Mortgage Banking Group as Director of Social Media Business Strategies Developing, implementing and managing social media business strategies, including the use of social networking, blogs and social advertising campaigns
- Matthew Carter joins SOCIALtality as Vice President of Marketing Building awareness through both traditional and social media channels
- Bill Robb joins SAP Director of Social Media Marketing Defining SAP brand’s social media strategy as well as consulting with and enabling Global Marketing to use social media to support efforts.
- Julian Ward joins We Are Social as Managing Director Starting up We Are Social’s new Sydney office
- Heather Ann Snodgrass joins We Are Social as Strategy Director Starting up We Are Social’s new Sydney office
- Paolo Mottola joins Eddie Bauer as Social Media Specialist where he will Develop and execute social media strategies and activities which directly support Eddie Bauer public relations and marketing goals. Responsible for managing Eddie Bauer and First Ascent social media channels, including First Ascent’s BornOutThere blog.
- Lex Bradshaw-Zanger Leo Burnett (Dubai) is the Head of Digital Full integration of digital to the agency
- Stan Magniant joins MS&L as Group Manager, MS&L Digital EMEA Head of Digital PR EMEA, MS&L Group (part of Publicis Group)
How to connect with others (or get a job):
Several people have been hired because of this blog post series, here’s how you can too:
Submit an announcement
If you know folks that are moving up in the social media industry, submit to this form
Seeking Social Media Professionals?
If you’re seeking to connect with community advocates and community managers there are few resources
This list, which started with just 8 names continues to grow as folks submit to it. List of Social Computing Strategists and Community Managers for Enterprise Corporations 2008 Social Media Professionals.
Job Resources in the Social Media and Web Industry
Web Strategy Jobs powered by Job o Matic (Post a job there and be seen by these blog readers, these affiliate fees pay for my hosting) Read Write Web keeps announcements flowing at Jobwire, although is broader than just social media jobs Facebook group for community manager group in Facebook Jake McKee’s community portal for jobs Chris Heuer’s Social Media Jobs SimplyHired aggregates job listings, as does Indeed ForumOne Jobs for Social Media and Community Teresa has a few jobs, some around community New Media hire has an extensive job database Social Media Headhunter Social media jobs Jobs in social media Altimeter Group’s list of social media consultants and agencies Social Media Strategists and Community Managers for 2010
Hiring? Leave a comment
If you’re seeking candidates in the social media industry, many of them are within arms reach, feel free to leave a link to a job description (but not the whole job description, please)
19 Replies to “People on the Move in the Social Business Industry: May 4, 2010”
And Natalie Petouhoff's move to Weber Shandwick
MBT bring health to you, MBT Shoes help to solve your disease problem,
Vibram Five Fingers is hot popular. Get these shoes from us.
It is amazing to see some people really
“get” social media marketing while others really don't. Interesting to see who are emerging as the masters.
Congratulations to them! They're to be admired and imitated in many ways. Thanks for mentioning them. By the way, if you're looking for the best social media marketing for your online business, then you're search is over. Good luck!
SMM or SMO is fast growing and if someone have exact knowledge and planning, sure is going to get decent job work in the area….good luck
I like this article, I think this article is very level. Whether the content, or structural arrangements are very good. I believe some spent a lot of effort on it!embroidery design,embroidery designs,rapid prototyping,
plastic molds,product design,plastic molding
Thanks very much for sharing.
In Europe and America, a great number of stars choose the CChristian louboutin. So you can imagine how hot the cheap christian louboutin shoes are. These shoes are excellent in styling beautiful and sexy women. Also christian dior can be very good presents.
The ghd hair straighteners are completely safe to use, they are designed to protect the hair. you can be confident about the quality. The gghd straighteners are the best hair tool for you, no matter you have straight or curl hair. The ghd iv styler is easy to use and is functional.
Hi friend…i saw the previews of the blog its very appreciative.there is so many job opportunities in dubai .if any one about job information visit this site: http://www.onlineuniversalwork.com or click here href=”http://www.onlineuniversalwork.com”>
I agree people are attracting so much towards social media industry.
Chip Hunnicutt joins Crosman Corporation as Web and Social Marketing Manager Responsible for all social/online marketing for all divisions of the company.
“Well ,your details is really reasonable and you guy give us valuable informative post. I actually love playing various sports and I believe only sports can make you energetic. I like this forum because I learned so much knowledge in here,and there are all kinds of newest news to us
By the way ,recently I gonna buy some shoes ,will you guys give some suggestions for me from below websites at thanks!
Itâ€™s only been a week but thereâ€™s been quite a few changes, so I wanted to post this before the list became too long Some big moves, esp Frank at Comcast joining Citi and Dell winning community expert Bill Johnston.
great blog with very good information. thanks foe sharing..
One big issue I see for companies that is yet unclear to me: It seems that website owners are outsourcing all the intelligence they used to collect about the behavior of their users to the Facebook database
Comments are closed.