The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Steven Lazarus joins Toys”R”Us as Online Manager, Emerging Media where he will be managing all social media for Toys”R”Us, Babies”R”Us, FAO Schwarz, eToys and Baby Universe brands. He will also have a strong focus on emerging media and emerging trends. I’ve worked with Steve for a few years now, and had lunch in NYC and a tour with him, he’s a real class act, congrats Steve.
- Aaron Strout, who I’ve worked with for many years, is now joining WCG to focus on mobile, and location based marketing. What a great fit, Aaron is ahead of the curve, no doubt I’ll be interviewing him for research.
- Christopher Carfi joins Ant’s Eye View, what a fantastic and growing team.
- Tatyana Kanzaveli joins Deloitte as Center for the Edge, Marketing Manager lead for overall marketing for Deloitte’s Center for the Edge. I’ve been interacting with Tatayana for a few years now, she’s a real maven and connector, what a great fit for this role, congrats.
- Benjamin Gauthey joins Microsoft as Asia and Pacific Digital Marketing Lead Leading the digital marketing in Asia Pacific for Microsoft including Social Media, websites, Ads, Search, Mobile and videos
- Daniel Hindin joins Weber Shandwick as Account Supervisor, Digital Analytics I work with clients to slice and dice data from current and past programs to understand successes and failures and guide them toward future success.
- Miry Whitehill joins Jun Group as Account Director Initiating and growing new client relationships, while contributing to Jun Group’s social video products and services.
- Gautam Ghosh joins People Matters as Director – Digital Content and Community To build online content and community
- Al Nugent joins Mzinga as CEO, Nugent will drive the company’s strategic vision for social intelligence initiatives, guide its long-term technology vision and research & development strategies, and manage customer acquisition, growth and day-to-day operations
- Jeff Zelaya joins MediaWhiz as Business Development Specialist To build relationships and present MediaWhiz’s services & products to interested companies.
- Sarah Goodall joins SAP as Social Media Lead, EMEA Lead social media marketing, training, governance and enablement in EMEA, congrats Sarah!
- Talia Klein joins Payoneer as Director of Community Community growth and initiatives
- Last but not least, we’re pleased at Altimeter Group to hire Zak Kirchner as a researcher at our San Mateo office. Welcome Zak!
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.